NASSCOM Ranks Brigade Among Top Ten ITES Companies
Brigade: India’s 7th Largest Information Technology Enabled Services CompanyCHICAGO, November 20, 2002: NASSCOM, the apex industry association of software and service companies in India, has recognized Brigade Corporation as a key player in its annual ranking of third party information technology enabled services (ITES) companies. Brigade is a global provider of business process outsourcing and customer relationship management solutions.
Brigade’s climb is the largest advance by any of the top ten companies (seventh from tenth in 2001) and is one of only two companies that advanced in the rankings this year.
The NASSCOM ranking is based on company revenues reported in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and certified by company auditors as of March 31, 2002. Formed in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organization with over 854 member companies that represent 95 per cent of revenues of the Indian software industry.
“Our rankings reaffirm the fact that the ITES sector and the IT Industry as a whole, are in a phase of sustained development,” said Mr. Kiran Karnik, President, NASSCOM.
This is particularly significant given the challenges of our current economic environment.”
“Brigade’s ranking by this respected association further solidifies our position as a significant global business in the ITES market and we look forward to continuing to advance in these rankings,” added Sri Dasari, President of Brigade India. “While our ISO 9001/2000 and Six Sigma regimens are designed to continually improve our work processes, it’s also encouraging to see that we have continually improved our position in this competitive marketplace.”
About Brigade Corporation
- Brigade is a leading provider of business transaction services and customer relationship management solutions to Global 1000 corporations.
- Brigade’s global service delivery model, including large-scale operations in India, leverages global labor markets and world-class outsourcing process expertise to provide multi-national corporations with high quality business transaction services outsourcing and customer relationship management options.
- Brigade dramatically improves business processes while delivering them at substantially lower costs. See: brigadesolutions.com.
- National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) is the apex umbrella organization for IT software and service organizations in India. Formed in 1988, NASSCOM’s objective is to act as a catalyst for the growth of the globally competitive software-driven IT industry in India.
- Nasscom is a non-profit organization with over 854 member companies that collectively contribute to more than 95 per cent of revenues of Indian software industry.
- Its members include software, Internet and E-commerce companies spanning private, public sectors that include homegrown companies and multinationals.
- Nasscom is internationally represented at WITSA (World Information Technology Services Alliance) and ASOCIO (Asian Oceanian Computing Industry Organization).
Lakshmi Akula Lakshmi@brigadesolutions.com